|Value of +CSQ||RSSI dBm||Condition|
Many 3G modems allow you to send SMS via API or connect to 3G network but not both at the same time
MOBITEK® S80 it is a SMS modem and also a 3G modem.
MOBITEK® S80 allows you to do both at the same time — to send SMS via API and connect to your IoT server, cloud server (AWS, Azure) and web server via 3G network.
- How to Use AirCard Watcher to Connect MOBITEK S80 3G Modem to 3G Network
- How to Configure MOBITEK S80 SMS Modem to Use SMS API and to Access Internet via 3G at the Same Time
- USB Driver of MOBITEK S80 Supports Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10
- How to Set-Up MOBITEK S80 Modem in VirtualBox
- Goto “AirCard Watcher -> Setting -> Messaging -> Routing option” and select “Circuit Switched”.
- After you have set to “Circuit Switched”, you can use MOBITEK SMS API and access internet via 3G at the same time.
- Note that AirCard Watcher (through Sierra Wireless AirCard HSDPA Modem) uses different COM port, in this example, it is using COM port number 3.
- First, install AirCard Watcher.
- Insert SIM card into MOBITEK S80 3G Modem and connect it to PC or laptop.
- A new modem in “Device Manager” will appear — “Sierra Wireless AirCard HSDPA Modem”.
- Run AirCard Watcher.
- AirCard Watcher will automatically detect the MOBITEK S80 3G Modem and show the name of TELCO. In this example, it is “U Mobile”. It will also show “3G”.
- Click “Connect” button to connect to 3G network. If successfully connected then the red signal bar will turn to green and the “Connect” button will change to “Disconnect”.
- Try accessing the internet via a web browser. AirCard Watcher will show the upload and download speed (refer to red box).
- To check data usage, click on the “meter” icon (red box)
Note: if you are NOT using VirtualBox, then you may skip step 1.
- Map the COM Port of Modem (COM3 in this tutorial) to COM1 (or any COM port n umber) in VirtualBox. If this step is missed, then MOBITEK S80 will not response in CuteCom or Putty (terminal).
- To check if MOBITEK S80 is connected to the USB port, type “lusb”. It will show MOBITEK S80 Modem as “Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8700 Modem”.
- But in this VirtualBox (virtual machine), MOBITEK S80 is connected under “Serial Ports” (as per step 1) and not under “USB” of the VirtualBox. To check which serial port is MOBITEK S80 Modem connected, type in “dmesg | grep tty”. In this example, it shows “ttyS0” which is COM1 that was set in step 1 above.
- Run CuteCom. Select “/dev/ttyS0” in device and click Open device. Then type the AT command.
- Connect modem to host OS.Open VirtualBox, go to the setting of your virtual machine.
- Go to Serial Ports and set the setting as below:
- Run the virtual machine.
- Go to device manager in VirtualBox to check the COM Port. In this example, the MOBITEK S80 Modem that is connected to the host machine in COM port 6 is mapped to COM port 1 in VirtualBox.
- In VirtualBox, the application must use COM port 1 instead of COM port 6.
We are pleased to announced that MOBITEK SMS360 (Basic and E-mail Editions) are now bundled with MOBITEK SMS Gateway Development Kit.
MOBITEK SMS360 — Basic Edition is used for SMS broadcasting.
MOBITEK SMS360 — E-mail Edition is used for sending SMS via e-mail client or to integrate with any system via POP3 interface.
Existing customers whose warranty period still valid could request MOBITEK SMS360 at no extra charge.
Sierra Wireless FX100 3G Modem has reached end-of-life production cycle. It may be difficult to obtain a new unit. The good news is that MOBITEK® S80 is 99% compatible with Sierra Wireless FX100 3G Modem.
- MOBITEK S80 product page
- MOBITEK S80 GSM Modem Works with CCG SMS Gateway
- MOBITEK S80 Sends SMS Over 3G Network
- MOBITEK S80 is the Solution to Singapore Shutting Down 2G Network
- New Version of Command Line SMS and MOBITEK S80
- Introducing MOBITEK S80
- How to Install USB Driver of MOBITEK S80 and Find the COM Port Number
- In Visual Studio, reference to the “MOBITEKSMSAPI9.dll“.
- Initialise the modem with
Modem.Init(com port number, optional PIN)
- Send a SMS (text format) with
SMS.SendSMSText(mobile number, message in text format)
- Or to send a SMS in unicode, use
SMS.SendSMSUnicode(mobile number, message in HEX format)
For more information, refer to Manual of MOBITEK SMS API version 9.
Install CLISMS version 6
- Install Setup.exe
CISMS v6 wil be installed in C:/Program Files/Mobitek/CLISMS
- Open the Device Manager and look into the Ports to find the modem is connected in which port on “Sierra Wireless AT Command Port (UMTS)”.
How to Use CLISMS by Using “bat” File
- Open Right click on sms.bat. Then choose Edit.
- Then the notepad will display like this. Change the port, phone number and message with necessary. Save it.
- Go back to your path file C:/Program Files/Mobitek/CLISMS. Double click at sms.bat
- Then it will apear on command line form. This will automatically closed once the transaction of sending SMS is done.
- You can see the log file is generated on your path C:/Program Files/Mobitek/CLISMS.
- You may click on the log to see the transaction. Now you can see the record is there.
How to Use CLISMS in Command Line
Refer to the manual https://www.mobitek.my/main/how-to-send-and-read-sms-by-using-command-line/