SMS360 E-Mail Edition version 5.4.1(beta)
*** Log dated on 2017-08-10 10:30:06 AM ***
Error Location: EmailtoSMS.CheckEmail()
Error Number: 91
Error Description: Object variable or With block variable not set
Unable to connect to POP3 server of Gmail despite had set to “allow less secure app to access”.
All messages in the inbox remain unread.
We are pleased to announced that MOBITEK SMS360 (Basic and E-mail Editions) are now bundled with MOBITEK SMS Gateway Development Kit.
MOBITEK SMS360 — Basic Edition is used for SMS broadcasting.
MOBITEK SMS360 — E-mail Edition is used for sending SMS via e-mail client or to integrate with any system via POP3 interface.
Existing customers whose warranty period still valid could request MOBITEK SMS360 at no extra charge.
- In Visual Studio, reference to the “MOBITEKSMSAPI9.dll“.
- Initialise the modem with
Modem.Init(com port number, optional PIN)
- Send a SMS (text format) with
SMS.SendSMSText(mobile number, message in text format)
- Or to send a SMS in unicode, use
SMS.SendSMSUnicode(mobile number, message in HEX format)
For more information, refer to Manual of MOBITEK SMS API version 9.
Applies To These Models
Before you insert the SIM card, you must check the position of SIM Card. When insert the SIM Card:-
- the “gold area” of the SIM Card should be facing downward;
- turn on the switch button, if you can see the blue LED Blinking, this means MobiGATE is connected to the 2G/3G network
Problem: File History in Windows 8.1 does not copy perform any back-up activity, no file are copied into “data” folder, e.g. “K:\FileHistory\Data” and the Event Viewer shows “Unusual condition was encountered during scanning user libraries for changes and performing backup of modified files for configuration”.
Unusual condition was encountered during scanning user libraries for changes and File History not running on schedule
Applies to: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
These solutions DOES NOT WORK:-
- Deleting “Catalog1.edb”, “Catalog2.edb”, “Config1.xml” and “Config2.xml” from these folders :-
- Back-up folder — K:\FileHistory\zenbook-user\ASUS-UX303L\Configuration
- Scan hard disk for corrupted files.
Solution: remove all network drives and external drives from Libraries.
Remove external drives from Library