- Connect modem to host OS.Open VirtualBox, go to the setting of your virtual machine.
- Go to Serial Ports and set the setting as below:
- Run the virtual machine.
- Go to device manager in VirtualBox to check the COM Port. In this example, the MOBITEK S80 Modem that is connected to the host machine in COM port 6 is mapped to COM port 1 in VirtualBox.
- In VirtualBox, the application must use COM port 1 instead of COM port 6.
- Run the program “upgrade.exe”. Download from here …
- Click “search all device” to find IP address of MobiGATE.
- Optional: click “connect to device” if want to connect to MobiGATE.
- If found, it will show a list of MobiGATE with IP address.
- Select MobiGATE (192.168.10.88).
- Click “Temporary change IP address”.
- Insert temporary IP address (192.168.10.98) and click OK.
- The new temporary IP address will be updated on the list.
- Now access the web menu of MobiGATE via web browser using the temporary IP address (192.168.10.98)
- Note: the MobiGATE’s IP address is still remain at the old address of 192.168.10.88
- using “update.exe” to set a temporary IP address is temporary only, it will revert back to its old IP address after you power off the MobiGATE
- you need to continue, using the web menu “serial port server” to permanently change the IP address according to our guide
Issue: VCOM shows “Connected” then “Disconnected”.
- MobiGATE Model SG-B-8-L-W
- SMS Engine version 5 and 6
- if any modem does not have a SIM card inserted and engine is started, the engine will try to initalise the modem, VCOM shows “Connected”
- when the initialisation fails, VCOM shows “Disconnected”
- refer video clip below, Modem ID 2 (COM port no. 17) has a SIM card inserted with blue LED blinking, but others do not have any SIM cards, only Modem ID 2 stays “Connected”, others will show “Connected” then “Disconnected”
SMS360 E-Mail Edition version 5.4.1(beta) *** Log dated on 2017-08-10 10:30:06 AM *** Error Location: EmailtoSMS.CheckEmail() Error Number: 91 Error Description: Object variable or With block variable not set
Unable to connect to POP3 server of Gmail despite had set to “allow less secure app to access”.
|FEATURES||SMS Gateway using MOBITEK MobiGATE||SMS Gateway using 4/8/16 Port Modem Pool|
|Concurrent Sending of SMS||Yes||No|
|1 SIM card to 1 GSM Module||Yes||No, shared, even though there are 16 SIM cards, but there are only 4 modules|
all modems sharing the load
|Yes||No, using round-robin rule|
if modem fails to send out SMS, the message will be routed to 2nd modem
|Genuine Sierra Wireless Module||Yes||No|
|Support 64 bit||Yes||No|
|Rack Mountable||Yes, it is 1U||No|
We are pleased to announced that MOBITEK SMS360 (Basic and E-mail Editions) are now bundled with MOBITEK SMS Gateway Development Kit.
MOBITEK SMS360 — Basic Edition is used for SMS broadcasting.
MOBITEK SMS360 — E-mail Edition is used for sending SMS via e-mail client or to integrate with any system via POP3 interface.
Existing customers whose warranty period still valid could request MOBITEK SMS360 at no extra charge.
Do you face these problems?
Your SMSC is down and messages cannot be send?
Would you like us to solve your problem?
For a bulk SMS provider and SMS aggregator company who cannot afford downtime of SMSC, you can rely on MOBITEK® MobiGATE which is a physical and private SMS Gateway, to play a critical role as a back-up gateway.
Why you should consider us?
MOBITEK® MobiGATE has been used by the following bulk SMS providers:-
- ICE mobile Sdn. Bhd.
- (please write in to request for list of bulk SMS providers)
Yes, I am interested and I like to …
Sierra Wireless FX100 3G Modem has reached end-of-life production cycle. It may be difficult to obtain a new unit. The good news is that MOBITEK® S80 is 99% compatible with Sierra Wireless FX100 3G Modem.
- MOBITEK S80 product page
- MOBITEK S80 GSM Modem Works with CCG SMS Gateway
- MOBITEK S80 Sends SMS Over 3G Network
- MOBITEK S80 is the Solution to Singapore Shutting Down 2G Network
- New Version of Command Line SMS and MOBITEK S80
- Introducing MOBITEK S80
- How to Install USB Driver of MOBITEK S80 and Find the COM Port Number
- In Visual Studio, reference to the “MOBITEKSMSAPI9.dll“.
- Initialise the modem with
Modem.Init(com port number, optional PIN)
- Send a SMS (text format) with
SMS.SendSMSText(mobile number, message in text format)
- Or to send a SMS in unicode, use
SMS.SendSMSUnicode(mobile number, message in HEX format)
For more information, refer to Manual of MOBITEK SMS API version 9.
|2017-07-25||Version 2.0||supports both MySQL and MS SQL Database server; supports version 6 only.|
|2017-06-22||Version 1.6.2||fixed "unhandled exception" bug when monitoring status of modem.|