Q: Does MOBITEK Q24 SMS MODEM support OZEKI SMS GATEWAY?
A: According to http://www.ozekisms.com/index.php?owpn=148, the list includes Wavecom M1306B, Wavecom Fastrack Supreme 10. These modems are compatible with our MOBITEK Q24 MODEM. In other words, MOBITEK Q24 works with OZEKI SMS GATEWAY.
– Window XP 32bit
– Java Eclispe Version: 3.4.0
– Finding com port using “commTest.java” -> ( successful )
– Receiving SMS using “ReadMessages.java” -> ( successful )
– Sending SMS using “SendMessage.java” ->( successful )
Below are log files for the java files.
MOBITEK Q24 SMS Modem
Our MOBITEK Q24 SMS MODEM is used by INFOCONNECT’s EMS.
Here is an introduction on EMS by our partner Mr. Ooi Chee Thim, Director of Sales, INFOCONNECT:
Nowadays, modern data centers consist rows and rows of server & network racks. Within the racks, there are high powered servers which generate lots of heat. The number one problem in a data center is HEAT nowadays. Thus, monitoring and managing the temperature inside the rack to the manufacturer’s recommended operating environment is a big challenge. Every electronic equipment will operate best as long as the temperature does not exceed manufacturer’s specified operating environment. We all know that. However, the current method of doing show is cumbersome & messy. It has lots of constraints. The whole problem points to the basis that it is a ‘wired’ solution. Wired technology is becoming a ‘sunset’ technology. The data center can do with less or no wires. The current data center is already congested with wires running below the raised floors, along cable trays and/or conduits. It is very messy. It is difficult to manage. It has no investment protection. Thus, it is a big problem for wired technology.
- mostly made in China
- uses non-genuine Wavecom module
- using re-conditioned component
- original M1306B does not have USB version
- no IMEI or IMEI is duplicated
- warranty is 1 to 3 months (and also depends on whether the vendor is still around for you to claim warranty)
- the module used is stated as “based on Wavecom”
- selling at USD100 or less
Here is a picture of fake Wavecom Fastrack M1306B GSM Modem:
Fake Wavecom Fastrack M1306B
It is fake because:-
- original version does not have USB; and
- IMEI (15 digit serial number) printed at back of modem and on box are different.
Here is a picture of the original one:-
Original Wavecom Fastrack M1306B
For more pictures, please goto http://www.mobitek.com.my/GSM_Modem/Wavecom.htm
Wavecom Fastrack M1306B is a very popular GSM modem manufactured by Wavecom.
However, this modem is end-of-life (EOL), it is no longer being produced. Therefore what is in the market could be:-
- fake; or
- used or reconditioned
Secondly, Wavecom has been bought over by Sierra Wireless and the brand name “Wavecom” is no longer in used.