Problem: Many 3G modems allow you to send SMS via graphical user interface but not able to integrate with your software or system.
Solution: MOBITEK® S80 SMS Modem
MOBITEK® S80 allows you to integrate with your software or system send SMS via SQL statement.
- To send out SMS
Insert into Outbox (Message, Mobile, DateTimeQueue, Status) values (‘Hello!’, ‘0163311600’, mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm am, ‘P’)
- To read all new SMS
Select * from Inbox where Status = ‘New’
How It Works?
- Your application will connect to a MS Access database file.
- SMS Engine — Basic Edition (Windows software) connects to both MOBITEK® S80 and with the database file.
- Whenever there is a new record in the [outbox] table, SMS Engine — Basic Edition will pick-up and instruct MOBITEK® S80 to send out as SMS.
- Whenever there is a new incoming SMS recevied by MOBITEK® S80, SMS Engine — Basic Edition will automatically insert into [inbox] table
More Advantages of SMS Engine — Basic Edition
- Rapid Development: no need to waste time in developing a programme to handle incoming and outgoing SMS.
- SIM Unlock: enter the PIN, and the SMS Engine will unlock the SIM card.
- Polling: set the frequency of database polling – this will control the speed of the sending and receiving SMS.
- Delivery Status Report: a report will accompany with each outgoing SMS to report whether the SMS is delivered or not.
- Routing: able to configure multiple mobile number prefixes (by comma separated).
- Direction: to speed-up the broadcast, SMS Engine can be configured to send SMS only.
- Query Balance: if prepaid is used, the credit balance can be queried.
- Reload: if prepaid is used, a top-up can be performed.
- For more information, refer to https://www.mobitek.my/main/software-development-kit/mobitek-sms-engine-basic-edition/
New version 6 is available for existing customer to download. Please reply to this e-mail to receive the download link.