- Run the program “upgrade.exe”. Download from here …
- Click “search all device” to find IP address of MobiGATE.
- Optional: click “connect to device” if want to connect to MobiGATE.
- If found, it will show a list of MobiGATE with IP address.
- Select MobiGATE (192.168.10.88).
- Click “Temporary change IP address”.
- Insert temporary IP address (192.168.10.98) and click OK.
- The new temporary IP address will be updated on the list.
- Now access the web menu of MobiGATE via web browser using the temporary IP address (192.168.10.98)
- Note: the MobiGATE’s IP address is still remain at the old address of 192.168.10.88
- using “update.exe” to set a temporary IP address is temporary only, it will revert back to its old IP address after you power off the MobiGATE
- you need to continue, using the web menu “serial port server” to permanently change the IP address according to our guide
Issue: VCOM shows “Connected” then “Disconnected”.
- MobiGATE Model SG-B-8-L-W
- SMS Engine version 5 and 6
- if any modem does not have a SIM card inserted and engine is started, the engine will try to initalise the modem, VCOM shows “Connected”
- when the initialisation fails, VCOM shows “Disconnected”
- refer video clip below, Modem ID 2 (COM port no. 17) has a SIM card inserted with blue LED blinking, but others do not have any SIM cards, only Modem ID 2 stays “Connected”, others will show “Connected” then “Disconnected”
|FEATURES||SMS Gateway using MOBITEK MobiGATE||SMS Gateway using 4/8/16 Port Modem Pool|
|Concurrent Sending of SMS||Yes||No|
|1 SIM card to 1 GSM Module||Yes||No, shared, even though there are 16 SIM cards, but there are only 4 modules|
all modems sharing the load
|Yes||No, using round-robin rule|
if modem fails to send out SMS, the message will be routed to 2nd modem
|Genuine Sierra Wireless Module||Yes||No|
|Support 64 bit||Yes||No|
|Rack Mountable||Yes, it is 1U||No|
Do you face these problems?
Your SMSC is down and messages cannot be send?
Would you like us to solve your problem?
For a bulk SMS provider and SMS aggregator company who cannot afford downtime of SMSC, you can rely on MOBITEK® MobiGATE which is a physical and private SMS Gateway, to play a critical role as a back-up gateway.
Why you should consider us?
MOBITEK® MobiGATE has been used by the following bulk SMS providers:-
- ICE mobile Sdn. Bhd.
- (please write in to request for list of bulk SMS providers)
Yes, I am interested and I like to …
|2017-07-25||Version 2.0||supports both MySQL and MS SQL Database server; supports version 6 only.|
|2017-06-22||Version 1.6.2||fixed "unhandled exception" bug when monitoring status of modem.|
Applies To These Models
Before you insert the SIM card, you must check the position of SIM Card. When insert the SIM Card:-
- the “gold area” of the SIM Card should be facing downward;
- turn on the switch button, if you can see the blue LED Blinking, this means MobiGATE is connected to the 2G/3G network
MOBITEK® MobiGATE model: SG-B-8-L / SG-B-8-L-W-E
Both of this model have LAN connectivity and are IP based SMS gateway.
MOBITEK® MobiGATE has an IP address, e.g. 192.168.10.220
Each modem/SIM card has an IP address:port, e.g.
- modem/SIM card no. 1 <=> 192.168.10.220:1001
- modem/SIM card no. 2 <=> 192.168.10.220:1002
- modem/SIM card no. 3 <=> 192.168.10.220:1003
- modem/SIM card no. 4 <=> 192.168.10.220:1004
- modem/SIM card no. 5 <=> 192.168.10.220:1005
- modem/SIM card no. 6 <=> 192.168.10.220:1006
- modem/SIM card no. 7 <=> 192.168.10.220:1007
- modem/SIM card no. 8<=> 192.168.10.220:1008
System Architecture no. 1
Multiple units of MobiGATES located in various countries (Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia) are centrally controlled by 1 server in Singapore.
System Architecture no. 2
1 unit of MobiGATE can be shared by multiple servers in local area network.
- Visit web page of MOBITEK® MobiGATE here …
- MOBITEK MobiGATE as a Back-Up SMS Gateway
- Release Note of Control Panel for MobiGATE SMS Engine — Enterprise Edition
- User’s Guide for Control Panal for MobiGATE’s SMS Engine is Published
- How to Insert SIM Card into MOBITKEK MobiGATE
- Control Panel for MobiGATE SMS Engine — Enterprise Edition version 1.6.2 is Released
- MobiGATE SMS Engine — Enterprise Edition version 6.2.1 is Released
- MobiGATE SMS Engine — Enterprise Edition version 6.0 Now Supports Concatenate SMS
- How to Remove a Modem from MobiGATE
- MOBITEK MobiGATE — How to Send and Read SMS
- MobiGATE Has a Powerful SMS Engine
- How to Scale-Up MobiGATE
Version 1.6.2: fixed “unhandled exception” bug when monitoring status of modem.
New: minor improvement; log file correctly state the version number.
Version 6.1: has fixed a bug — in the inbox table, both “scts” and “dateime_recv” have the same time stamp; by right “scts” should take the value from properties “scts” which is the time stamp of network operator.
Version 6.0: supports concatenation of multiple part of SMS when sending out, i.e. it can send SMS with more than 160 characters.
MOBITEK SMS Engine is able to work in Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012, 32 bit and 6
MOBITEK SMS Engine — Enterprise Edition is a Windows Service that sends and receives SMS. System integrator and software developer do not need to write any code to build a SMS Gateway. The MOBITEK SMS Engine uses SQL Server database (MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle) to store incoming SMS, and to check if there is any pending SMS to be send out.
Your application or system just need to insert records into “outbox” table to send out SMS, and retrieve record from “inbox” table to read SMS.
MOBITEK SMS Engine has taken care all SMS transactions.
For Oracle support, separate license is required.