Objective: to set-up MOBITEK® S80 to operate on local area network (LAN) via LAN port.
- MOBITEK® S80 SMS Modem Type S-L
- MOBITEK® S80 3G Modem Type E-L
Table of Contents
How to Configure LAN Port of MOBITEK® S80
There are 2 tasks:-
- How to Assign/Change IP Address of MOBITEK® S80
- IP address has to be assigned to the modem
- How to Add A COM Port for MOBITEK® S80
- on PC/server, a new COM port has to be added and mapped to the IP address of the modem
How to Assign/Change IP Address of MOBITEK® S80
- Connect the LAN (ethernet) cable to the modem and the other end to your router or switch.
- Connect power adapter to the modem, turn on the power.
- Run the Windows application “USR-TCP232-T24-V18.104.22.168.exe“.
- Click “Search in LAN”.
- It will look for the IP address of MOBITEK® S80, if found it will display the address. In this example it is 192.168.10.210
- Click the “Device list in the net” , make the following changes in the “Parameters” section:-
- Finally, click “Set selected item via Net” to save changes.
How to Add A COM Port for MOBITEK® S80
- In Windows PC/Server, install “USR-VCOM” then run it.
- Click “Smart Vcom”
- If MOBITEK® S80 is found, it will be displayed. Check it then click “Next” to create COM port.
- A new COM port number will be created under “COM Name”, in this example it is 1.
- Also the COM port number can also be seen either in “Device Manager -> Ports” or in “Device Manager -> Virtual Serial Ports (Eltima Software)”. COM port number will be displayed.
- “Net State” will show “Connected”.
- Your application will communicate with MOBITEK® S80 via the above COM port number.
- When your application is connected to MOBITEK® S80 then “COM State” will show “Open”.
- When your application is communicating with MOBITEK® S80 to send and read SMS, the values in “COM Received” and “Net Received” will be increasing.