- First, install AirCard Watcher.
- Insert SIM card into MOBITEK S80 3G Modem and connect it to PC or laptop.
- A new modem in “Device Manager” will appear — “Sierra Wireless AirCard HSDPA Modem”.
- Run AirCard Watcher.
- AirCard Watcher will automatically detect the MOBITEK S80 3G Modem and show the name of TELCO. In this example, it is “U Mobile”. It will also show “3G”.
- Click “Connect” button to connect to 3G network. If successfully connected then the red signal bar will turn to green and the “Connect” button will change to “Disconnect”.
- Try accessing the internet via a web browser. AirCard Watcher will show the upload and download speed (refer to red box).
- To check data usage, click on the “meter” icon (red box)
Note: if you are NOT using VirtualBox, then you may skip step 1.
- Map the COM Port of Modem (COM3 in this tutorial) to COM1 (or any COM port n umber) in VirtualBox. If this step is missed, then MOBITEK S80 will not response in CuteCom or Putty (terminal).
- To check if MOBITEK S80 is connected to the USB port, type “lusb”. It will show MOBITEK S80 Modem as “Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8700 Modem”.
- But in this VirtualBox (virtual machine), MOBITEK S80 is connected under “Serial Ports” (as per step 1) and not under “USB” of the VirtualBox. To check which serial port is MOBITEK S80 Modem connected, type in “dmesg | grep tty”. In this example, it shows “ttyS0” which is COM1 that was set in step 1 above.
- Run CuteCom. Select “/dev/ttyS0” in device and click Open device. Then type the AT command.
proposed by Ng Kong Leng
Malaysia should have zero tax by 2050. “Zero tax” — no income tax, no corporate tax, no GST.
Why tax is bad?
- any government in the world do not often make the right economic and financial decision in allocating tax revenue for the right purpose;
- tax deters company to invest more in local economy, e.g. Apple does not manufacture iPhone in US;
- tax deters a person to attain higher income, there is no incentive for you to work harder because you need to pay more tax;
- tax deters economy growth, especially on consumption as tax had taken away disposal income
What is the solution?
- Crowd funding or Equity Funding
- Economic Efficiency via Pareto Improvement
- Connect modem to host OS.Open VirtualBox, go to the setting of your virtual machine.
- Go to Serial Ports and set the setting as below:
- Run the virtual machine.
- Go to device manager in VirtualBox to check the COM Port. In this example, the MOBITEK S80 Modem that is connected to the host machine in COM port 6 is mapped to COM port 1 in VirtualBox.
- In VirtualBox, the application must use COM port 1 instead of COM port 6.
- Run the program “upgrade.exe”. Download from here …
- Click “search all device” to find IP address of MobiGATE.
- Optional: click “connect to device” if want to connect to MobiGATE.
- If found, it will show a list of MobiGATE with IP address.
- Select MobiGATE (192.168.10.88).
- Click “Temporary change IP address”.
- Insert temporary IP address (192.168.10.98) and click OK.
- The new temporary IP address will be updated on the list.
- Now access the web menu of MobiGATE via web browser using the temporary IP address (192.168.10.98)
- Note: the MobiGATE’s IP address is still remain at the old address of 192.168.10.88
- using “update.exe” to set a temporary IP address is temporary only, it will revert back to its old IP address after you power off the MobiGATE
- you need to continue, using the web menu “serial port server” to permanently change the IP address according to our guide
Issue: VCOM shows “Connected” then “Disconnected”.
- MobiGATE Model SG-B-8-L-W
- SMS Engine version 5 and 6
- if any modem does not have a SIM card inserted and engine is started, the engine will try to initalise the modem, VCOM shows “Connected”
- when the initialisation fails, VCOM shows “Disconnected”
- refer video clip below, Modem ID 2 (COM port no. 17) has a SIM card inserted with blue LED blinking, but others do not have any SIM cards, only Modem ID 2 stays “Connected”, others will show “Connected” then “Disconnected”