To: EXCO Members
From: K. L. Ng
Re: Suggestion on KLSCCCI YEC Membership Directory/Handbook
It was agreed that when our membership reaches 400 members, a handbook (membership directory) will be printed.
Instead of pending 400 members, I like to suggest that we can print it now as we have 200+ members.
*FORMAT OF HANDBOOK*
1st section: Profile of Chairman, Vice chairmans, EXCO members
2nd section: Profile of KLSCCCI YEC Members sort by company name
*GENERAL FORMAT OF HANDBOOK*
– pasport size photo of member
– logo of business
– Q.R. code containing mobile number, office number, fax, e-mail, www, name, company name, etc.
– profile of founder
– profile of company
– 1 page for 1 member
Currently, with 200+ members, using the above format, the handbook will be 200 pages thick. If 400, then it will be very heavy and bulky.
The benefits of printing handbook now are:-
1) for getting to know each other within youth members: right now, I know the name in Whatsapp group but do not know what is the member’s business.
E.g. If I want to know who is doing printing, I can refer to the handbook, and contact the youth directly (right now is posting a message in whatsapp “Who is doing printing?”);
E.g. If I like to know what business is my group members doing, I can refer to handbook;
E.g. if a member wants to find out more about the group leader, he can refer to the 1st section.
2) to create business opportunites by distributing the handbook to youths from other states during ACCCIM YEC Ipoh.
E.g. KLSCCCI can set up a table during ACCCIM YEC IPOH, if a youth from Ipoh wants to look for JV opportunies in KL, he can go to KLSCCCI YEC table and obtain a copy of the handbook to look for the potentional business partner.
3) the handbook can also be used to distirbute to visiting delegate e.g. MACAU YOUTH
4) to create a value to youth members as they will have a sense of belonging and we are helping them to promote their business to other youth members from other states and countries
If printing cost is a constraint, then we can consider printing it and distributing it in “pdf” format. Upload to whatsapp group and our Facebook.
If the above suggestion is beneficial, please discuss during the upcoming EXCO meeting in March.